1. Plan your storage space. Place those items that you need to get to often in the front. Allow for walkways.
2. Always clean and thoroughly dry appliances before storing. Placing a receptical of salt inside freezers and refrigerators will help absorb moisture.
3. Completely fill each box with your heaviest items on the bottom and lighter items on top.
4. Always pack books flat in small boxes for easy lifting.
5. Try to keep your boxes in uniform sizes. They are much easier to stack that way.
6. Drain all gas and oil from engines in lawnmowers, tillers, et.
7. Label ALL boxes for easy identification.
8. Always pack mirrors, windows, and screens on edge, not flat. Protect them by packing individually with strong cardboard.
9. Leave a small space between the wall and your storage items to allow for ventilation.
10. Pack your boxes and other items as close together as possible to avoid moisture accumulation between them. Always use plenty of packing papers for dishes and glasses. Each item should be wrapped individually.
11. Use a high quality lock, preferably one sold by Beal Parkway Self Storage, for your unit. They are much harder to break or cut, keeping your valuables as safe as possible.
12. Always protect upholstered furniture and mattresses with specially designed plastic covers or sheers and blankets. Place a pallet or plastic sheet underneath.
13. Make an inventory of your stored items and keep it in a safe place at home or in a safe deposit box.
14. Use uniform size boxes for easy stacking. It is best not to put too much in each box.
15. List contents of boxes on all four sides, number the boxes, seal with masking tape or glued paper tape.
16. Stack lighter boxes on top of heavier boxes.
17. When storing wood furniture, place a receptacle of water in the unit to aid in moisture retention.
18. Place youre storage items on 2" x 4" boards or on palettes to guard against dampness. Any concrete floor may become cold and damp.
19. CAUTION: It is against the law to store materials that are HAZARDOUS or COMBUSTIBLE such as gasoline, solvents, paint, etc.
20. Tables with removable legs should be "broken down" to save space.
Beal Parkway Self Storage
26 A Beal Parkway NW
Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548
Phone: 850 244-5282
Monday - Friday: 8 - 5
Saturday: 8 - 3
6 A.M - 7 P.M Daily
Closed major holidays
10% discount for all Active-Duty Military.
Pay Bill Online Click Here